Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Taman Tun Park & Desa Park City Waterfront

I've been having sore muscles and a stiff shoulder over the past few days. I was very reluctant to head on out for my son's morning exercise. But I did anyway because I simply had to.

Weather looked promising, cloudy with a gentle breeze. The moment we got into the car, the clouds parted and the sun shone. Somehow, it does that around 9.30 most mornings, as if just to trick me to get out of the house with my son.

When it's hot & sunny, and my son is in his Neurosuit, he doesnt want to play on the playground equipment. It's simply too hot & uncomfortable. I understand so I dont force him. But I have to get some exercise done when he's in the suit. So we went to Taman Tun park this morning instead.

There's lots of shade by the side of the lake nearest the hills, which is why I chose that park. This morning's exercise was just to maintain/build up his endurance.

Of course, there are elements of simple nature lessons/biology too. There are lots of fishes & turtles in the lake & stream. Monkeys roam the forest fringing the park.

We had brought some bread to feed the fishes but ended up feeding them all to the pigeons. In the past he would not throw bread to the pigeons, preferring me to do so instead. Perhaps it was because he's a bit fearful of them. They make a certain noise when they flap their wings near you. It might be scary too when so many of them surround you all at once and when you're movements & reflexes are a little impaired.

After watching me feed the pigeons for a while, and even though the initially kept refusing to throw them the bread, he eventually started to feed them too. It's a very small thing, but I'm glad.

We saw large fishes, small fishes, turtles sunning themselves and busy dragonflies. He was more interested in the fountains though! He always had been from when he was a young baby & I had brought him to that very park in the mornings in his stroller.

I'm glad that he was able to walk & run by himself throughout the time at the park, without me carrying him. He did want me to carry him as usual when he's tired. But I instead just went down to his level, hugged him, patted him for a while (as a form of rest), then managed to find something to distract him (this time it was the brids) to get him to walk a bit further to the car park.

Having finished early, I thought of checking out another park which my friend Elly had recommended. I think he's a bit bored (as am I) with Titiwangsa & Lake Gardens on weekdays. The new park is in Desa Park City which is a bit further on from Taman Tun. Having never been there before, I took out my brother's GPS. Very handy!

The Waterfront area is very well designed. The layout of the place, the spaciousness, the lake, the design of the shops reminds me very much of my uni days in UK. If only the weather were much cooler, it'd be perfect!

We will definitely make another trip to the playground there but only when the weather is much cooler. There was a stark lack of shade and shady trees at the playground and by the lake. With the shops (Jusco, cafes, restaurants) nearby, it's convenient too.

No comments:

Post a Comment