Monday, September 14, 2009

Avoiding exercise!

In the past week, my son has realised that he can avoid or at least reduce the amount of exercise he has to do in his NeuroSuit.

He must have observed that when he was sick in July & August, he didnt have to use the suit. After that I was very careful in observing him. If he sounded like he had phlegm (early indication of potentially becoming sick), or if he coughed or vomitted consecutively (other early indications of being sick), I would not put him in the suit.

Later in the week, I started asking him if he was well or sick when the above indications appeared. I wanted him to be able to tell me (or later on, his teacher) if he felt sick.

He started telling me that he was sick. The first few times, I wasnt sure whether to believe him but I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I really didnt want him to fall ill again so soon.

Then when the "I'm sick" continued, and there werent any indications of being sick, I knew that he was avoiding exercising in his suit. I tested him out. Just 10minutes into our evening walk, I asked if he was well. His reply came as "No, I'm sick". So, I promptly said that we'll have to go back since he's sick. "No, no, no" he said. I asked again if he was sick. He replied, "No, not sick"

So my son is smart enough to have learnt to get out of exercising by saying he's sick! But I do closely observe him, in case he really is falling ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment