Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homemade book (Pink Series): Who


I made this book after the first set of 20 books because I wanted to introduce more sight words, in this case, it's the word "Who". I also used it to introduce simple decodeable names.

The style in this book is slightly different. I intentionally wanted to put 2 short sentences in a single page, to introduce that you read the top line first, then move to the next line below.

The book is highly repetitive, but towards the end of the book, I intentionally break the pattern to bring an element of surprise to maintain interest.





































































I break the pattern here. My finger is covering my son's name. After he reads his name, I give him a hug and kiss. That's the "surprise".

No comments:

Post a Comment