Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homemade book (Pink Series): Dogs in

With this book I tried to make it a bit easier for him.

In my son's case, he wasnt interested in matching picture to word card nor matching object to word card so I wanted to make it a bit easier.

Instead of jumping in by writing full sentences in his books, I chose to use phrases.

Also, I introduced some key words on its own page before showing the phrase. E.g. I'd do "a dog", then "a box", only then move to "a dog in a box".

I used this method at the very begining of creating his books. Later on, I changed the style to make some key words repetitive throughout the book. For example of the latter style, see the book "Fun", in which I'd written "Dan has fun", "Sam has fun", "The dog has fun" etc.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment