Saturday, October 24, 2009

Homemade book (Pink Series): Get out, cat!

I found that by printing my son's name on the cover which catches his attention each time he picks up his homemade books, he has now learnt to "spell" his name. His name is 10 letters long (and that's not even counting his surname!) so I'm relieved that he's learnt it.
I also "sing" when reading out the alphabets in his name. It's a simple tune which I repeat each time he reads any of his homemade book. I'm currently teaching him the spelling of his surname (just 4 characters long).


That's my finger covering his name. My mistake was to print it as "(name)'s Book". In retrospect, it might be better to state "This book belongs to (name)".




I talk about the pictures, not just have him read out loud. That way, I can make it funny and maintain his interest (cos not much of a story line just based on the printed word!)







No comments:

Post a Comment