Wednesday, December 2, 2009

He's sick

Last night while I was out running errands, he started coughing. My helper described it as a different type of cough, like something was stuck and he was trying to get it out. Kinda like "acccckkk" repeatedly. He then cried until he vomitted.

I got back in time to put him to bed. It took a very long time to settle him down and for him to fall to sleep. He was talking a lot which meant that he was ok, and not in pain and nothing choking him or stuck in his throat. It was obvious to me that he missed me. He's been clingy lately - probably trying to cope with school. It was slightly past 11pm when he finally slept.

He had a restless sleep. Woke many times, which is an indication of being sick. I could hear him breathe through his nose, so his phlegm wasn't too much or too thick. I think occassionally the phlegm builds up and he wakes up, all upset.

He didnt go to kindergarten today. I got a few hours extra sleep while the helper watched over him. Ah, felt so good to finally sleep soundly even just for 2 hours.

After lunch, his temperature went up to 37.8C so he was given some Panadol. No physical exercises today. Just some reading (I read aloud), fine motor and imaginative play of craft (making christmas card) and Mega Bloks. After his nap, we'll go for CST, and some light activity after that.

So, that's why I have the time to write several posts today.

I expected him to fall ill when he starts kindergarten. Other mothers say it's very normal. A friend totalled up the number of sick days her son had in his first year of kindergarten. It totalled 6 months! Another mother pulled her son out of nursery after 6 months, cos he fell ill every month. I just hope he gets well fast. I hope he doesnt need trips to the hospital for nebuliser. As it is he's trying to cope with the changes in his routine and the whole going to school thing. I also hope not to have wasted the money we paid for his holiday programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment