Saturday, December 5, 2009

Things he's saying

Excerpts of the things he's now saying that has amused me:

"I cannot talk now because I'm sick. Aaackkk (fake cough). Acckkk. Like this (pointing to his mouth) Aacckk. Acckk. I'm sick." But a few seconds later he talks!

I asked him how we should group some maths manipulative pieces. He said "Uhmm. Uhmm (pointer finger to the side of his cheek). Uhmm. I got an idea (right hand raised up). I got an idea!" "What is it?" I ask him. "Uhhmmm. Uhmm." He doesn't say what he's thinking. He's somehow picked up that response and is practising using it without really having an idea to share ...or perhaps I didnt give him enough time to say it out. But I usually do wait a few seconds for him to respond, after which, I suggest some ideas.

"Please don't do that, mama." is his response when I do something he didnt want me doing. That response sounds so grown up. I'm glad he doesn't just whine like he used to. He still does whine but this phrase is being used quite often nowadays. Hooray!

This one happened 2 weeks ago. He ran up to me just after dinner and unexpectedly said "Hug me please, mama. I miss you." I was having a tiring week and that simply melted away all the stress! Later that night I asked when it was that he missed me. He didnt answer. I asked if he was referring to me leaving him at KizSports with my helper (while I did groceries), he said yes.

Last night, while trying to fall asleep, he said "I miss you, mama..." I was momentarily puzzled because I was with him the entire day. A split second later he continued "...at KizSports." I gave him hug and a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment