Thursday, November 12, 2009

Horrid stomach flu

That's what I had - the stomach flu - and that's the reason why I've not posted anything the past few days. It was so bad that I spent 90% of my time asleep or on the toilet bowl. My colon was totally cleaned out - talk about detox! Doctor says it's a virus, which explains the painful tummy spasms, fever, body aches, and of course bad diarrhoea. Still, I'm glad it happened to me and not my son (and that I didnt pass the bug on to anyone else at home).

The fact that I am writing this post, means that I'm well on the road to recovery though I'm sure it'll be another 5 days or so before my tummy is really back to normal.

What have I learnt these few days?

- I should be careful of what I eat. Stating the obvious there! Being Malaysian, there's food anywhere and everywhere at whatever time you choose and unfortunately we're so used to less than acceptable standards of hygiene.

- My helper is still reliable despite the issues we had with her the past few months. Every evening, my husband will ask "what did little boy do today?" and my standard reply has been "I dunno. I've been asleep most of the day."

- I still need a helper even though things are easier now that he's older. He's not as independent compared to many of his peers and I do not have relatives nearby to support at times when I'm sick.

- Good long deep restful sleep can really refresh and restore you. Ever since he was born (and he's now 4) I hardly had restful sleep. I'm soooo grateful that I got the rest I needed and am ready for a busy weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment