Thursday, November 19, 2009

Craniosacral therapy for myself

I slept badly last night because my son ended up in my bed and I ended up with a very stiff body. 
This morning I was very reluctant to bring my son to the park because I really wanted to rest. In the end, we did go because the weather was good (cool, cloudy, no threat of rain). But I only managed to push him on his bike (with my helper) only one-third of the way around the lake in Tmn Tun park. My neck and body were stiff, a headache was starting.

I still didnt rest after the park and did some my errands. By 2pm, I completed most things and had a nap. Woke an hour later, expecting to feel refreshed or at least better. But I didnt. Soon, it really felt like the beginning of the flu. Throat was tight. Head was aching. No fever though it felt like I was having one.

I made an appointment with his CST therapist yesterday for a session today. I had made 2 previous appointments several weeks ago, but had to cancel as somethings came up. So this session today was 'overdue' for me. But I was contemplating cancelling it cos I really thought I was down with the flu.

Thank goodness I went ahead with it. It was amazing. After a few minutes, my headache disappeared. Half way through, I felt so much better. Better than the effects of paracetamol. I was very relaxed. At the end of the session, I felt a bit high. I'd forgotten the feeling of being high because I've not touched alcohol for several years now. But this was a good feeling.

During the session, she knew just which spots needed working on. At different times, there were different sensations ranging from rapid eye movement, buzzing, a warm feeling flowing, bright lights, being weepy (yes, I cried - CST works at different levels!).

This time, what I noted most was that I had several blockages released. It was odd.  My respiration would really slow down, until it felt like I stopped breathing. It wasnt a forced stoppage, but a gentle one. At times, I would then gently 'come up' for air and resume breathing. Other times, the stoppage was uncomfortable, and the stoppage would end with a strong inhalation through my mouth - perhaps those were strong blockages that needed to be cleared. I had experienced this before in qi gong and the teacher then had merely said that it's a good thing, without elaborating further.

Walking out of the therapy room, I really felt like a different person than when I had walked in. It's one thing to see the difference CST makes in my son, but something else when I experience it first hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment