Sunday, January 10, 2010

He's mildly sick

My son is sick again, but thankfully it's a mild one this time. It's only a week into school and he'll be on MC tomorrow! Sigh.

I think he caught a cold a few days ago when he kicked off the blanket and rolled over to sleep under the air cond.

On top of that, the weather turned so cold on Friday. Friday's blustery wind and rain during school might have made things worse for him. We could feel tiny mists of rain water coming into the classroom and had to shut all four doors.

Last night it was very hard for him to fall asleep. He kept on breathing through his mouth despite having done a suction. My arms were very tired from carrying him to help him fall asleep. He did eventually fall asleep (by himself), only to wake up an hour later! Funny thing is that when he was asleep, he was breathing through his nose, not his mouth, which was good. Then it was another 20minutes of trying to help him fall asleep again. I couldnt continue beyond 20min, so we got into the car. I drove around and around...for an hour and a half only to find him finally dozing off when we were arriving home. When I switched off the engine, his eyes opened wide! Sigh. Well, after that it was another 2 times of waking but it was easy to put him back to sleep those 2 times. Needless to say, I was very tired this morning, but did get an extra hour of rest when my helper took over. An appointment at the hairdresser's this morning also helped as I got 2 hours of chilling out time (two hours cos I brought my sis for a haircut too).

Well, I dont mind so much when he's mildly sick, so long as he doesnt get worse and recovers fast. I can do more fine motor activities and toilet training with him when he's sick cos I stop going to the parks for gross motor activities. Going to the park for gross motor activities eat up 2-3 hours and gets me more tired than if that 2-3 hours were spent on fine motor work.

No fever, so that's good. Just pray for speedy recovery (from mucus and sore throat) for him and for good sleep for him and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment