Saturday, January 16, 2010

He's almost fully recovered

We went for what should be his last nebuliser treatment for this bronchitis episode. Thank you for your prayers.

This round, he didnt need the nebuliser as often - just twice a day - compared to previous episodes where he needed 3 to 4 times daily. He has gotten so used to the nebuliser (fortunately and unfortunately!) that we dont need to bring along his toy cars to distract him. He sat there, watching events around him, or we'd talk to him. It was so much easier this round.

Strangely though, he hated having the nebuliser done in the doctor's clinic. He kicked up such a huge fuss on Monday afternoon when he had his first dose of nebuliser. We both ended up on the floor with him arching his back almost horizontal, leaning into me, screaming, crying, while I struggled trying to hold the mask on his face. Sigh. He was the one who chose to have the nebuliser done there instead of at A&E.

I noticed that his nose was a lot more blocked compared to previous episodes which saw more coughing. His appetite was also better than previous episodes. He had less vomitting too. I think the low points during this episode were not as low as before, and didnt last as long as before, which is really good.

Lessons learnt -
(1) I've to be a lot more careful where he sleeps at night, and still be careful on the temperature of the room.
(2) I've to give him a lot more water while at school. He used to take just a few sips during 1st week of school. I'll just have to help him by pouring from the tumbler into his mouth.
(3) While in school, I'll have to change his shirt the moment it's wet cos the fans are on full speed. That may mean bringing 4-5 shirts!
(4) I've to pray that he's not sick in the event I'm without a helper for several months (quite likely seeing how things are going)!

No comments:

Post a Comment