Sunday, August 22, 2010

A slow paced Sunday

It was a slow day. I had a quick flick through the newspaper (a rarity nowadays!), a delicious dim sum lunch, a lot more conversation with my husband today than I did the whole week, supervising the helper and the weekly groceries.

I seemed to lack the drive to do lots of activities with my son. He did though, do the following:

- Practice walking up and down the stairs (he’s progressing nicely in walking downstairs using alternating feet)

- Write on the whiteboard (I’ll try to write about that in a separate post tonight after this post)

- Maths using Montessori stuff (revision of tens and units, and the commutative law for addition)

- Maths workbook (just one page which is an introduction to counting in sets)


These were the things he did that required minimal or no effort on my part:

- A Little Einstein’s counting workbook (practice writing numbers while waiting for dim sum)

- Obstacle course practice (he does it without me)

- Puzzles (while I showered)

- Pushed the shopping trolley (grocery shopping)

- Squeezed the squeaky toy (in the car)

- Wiping everything within his reach with a rag (this is his current favourite “hobby” – soon he’ll be sweeping, mopping, cleaning toilets and cooking! LOL)

So looking back at today, I don’t feel that I’ve wasted it...well, not totally anyway. Sure, I wanted to do more with him (e.g. swimming, reading) and I think he wanted to do more stuff with me (he was a bit restless). But I tell myself it’s alright to have slow days once in a while....uhhh, it is ok right?

No comments:

Post a Comment