Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On his wall - numbers in words

This was put up for him to learn the spelling of the words. The symbols are a lighter colour cos I wanted the focus to be on the words.

This first series was made as flashcards and used as such for a few rounds until I decided to paste them up.

For the later series (e.g. tens/hundreds), I shortcut the process and went straight to just print and blu-tacked it (no cutting, pasting on cardboard, and cutting again).




I also have a similar set put up but in BM and in a different colour (green) to distinguish it from the English version. I use slightly different colours to help him decipher/learn it using sukukata (e.g. e-nam with "e" in black and "nam" in olive green).

For the BM version, I have exactly the same set cut up and pasted on cardboard to use as flashcards (cos he's weaker in BM). I would use my hand to cover the numbers on the left so that he’s forced to read the words on the right.

I’ve recently taken down those in the photos above. I’ve replaced it with the tens series (twenty, thirty, forty etc) and the hundreds series (one hundred, two hundred). Sorry, haven't uploaded those pics.

I've replaced them because I know that he’s learnt the earlier series, and because teacher has moved on beyond “twenty” in words. But I’ve not made a BM version of the tens and hundreds series.

I’m fortunate that each time I put up something new, he shows interest in it and wants to learn it. It sure makes teaching him that much simpler.

I’m happy to email you the file of the stuff I’ve made (saves time even if you need to make modifications to it). I can’t upload powerpoint files here, so just let me know if you'd like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment