Saturday, August 21, 2010

A little break

Lately I’ve not had much of a break. With him starting kindergarten this year, and me being his shadow aide, half my day is gone. Recently his Neurosuit physiotherapy has been intensified which means my Mon-Thurs afternoons are gone too.

It’s pretty much go, go, go on weekdays. Weekends are slower but still occupied with errands or activities.

At times, I really wish for a little break. I don’t mean a holiday although I’ve not had a holiday this year. What I mean is that it’d be so nice to have some time to myself where I can be still. If he’s awake, I tend to feel bad if he’s not doing something productive with that time. If he’s asleep, I’m usually managing my maid or thinking of what to cook the next day or sorting out the household admin.

Today, we went to pick up my husband’s car from the workshop. My son as you know loves cars. He wanted to see them repairing the cars. The air-conditioned waiting area has a large glass partition allowing customers to see into the servicing area. But my son’s height is such that his view is blocked by the frosted strip. I could only carry him for less than 5 minutes (he’s heavy). Shortly after, my husband took over (after he paid etc) and carried him. I sat on a comfy chair. I made myself a hot drink. I sat back and enjoyed seeing how happy my son was watching the mechanics at work. I was happy that my husband was not just carrying him but also explaining some of the things that were going on.

My son fell asleep during the drive home and hopefully will have a long nap. He seldom naps nowadays which is also why I often wish for a little break.

I cleared most of the household paperwork last night. My helper is so much better behaved that she no longer stresses me out. In the very short span of 4 days I had to send her TWICE to the agency for counselling.

Since he’s still asleep, I have the time to write this post. I’m now going to join my son for a (well deserved) short nap! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment