Monday, July 6, 2009

NeuroSuit

Last week, the deposit for the NeuroSuit was paid. The American therapist/owner is coming end of the month & I'm looking forward to starting the suit therapy.


Lots of hard work for sure & I've to be patient, but I these are what I hope to see in my son, with the suit therapy...

- significantly less drool
- better speech in terms of volume & clarity
- running gait a lot more normalised
- hip more stable
- arms straighter, less "bat wing" like
- able to do more gross motor skills, like stepping up higher steps unaided, pedalling, jumping, walking on balance beam unaided
- improvement in fine motor


There was an article in NST on NeuroSuit:
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/Features/20090602093919/Article/index_html


Briefly, this is what I understand Neurosuit is meant to/has benefits of:
- correct the posture, through giving proprioceptive input back to the brain on what the correct posture is supposed to be. Cells & muscles have memory.
- intensify the benefits of any physio or therapies that he does while in the suit & so we'll see those benefits earlier.
- Since there are bungee like cords attached, it gives resistance & so strengthens muscles too.


This is the link to NeuroSuit's website, for more info:
http://www.neurosuit.com/


This is the link to some photos of a severe CP boy I know, who is sitting up unaided. He could only sit propped up in his wheelchair/stroller before the suit therapy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=101893&id=607886440&l=ed984b5633

No comments:

Post a Comment