Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday, 20 July 09

Tesco
(1) The trolley I happen to get had stiff wheels, which turns out to be good as it gives him the resistance & he has to push much harder than normal. He loves pushing the trolley, btw. I tell him to hold both left & right ends of the trolley, so he gets to stretch his arms wider a little bit. He pushed for almost an hour. (gross muscles, resistance, stretch wide)

(2) I was reading the label on an item & he came up to say he wanted to help! I was surprised. So I asked him to put some tinned food into the trolley. Since he's too short compared to the trolley height (stretched his arms up!), he was dropping it in rather than placing it in. So I only gave him tinned & plastic bottle items & put in the segregated front part of trolley to avoid bruising fruits & veg. (social skills, stretch up)


Speech
He's beginning to say slightly longer sentences. My helper reported that when he saw the picture card of a curled up millipede, he said "millipede scared of me...at park". I made the picture card some months back to get him to practice 3 syllable words (instead of just 1 or 2 syllable words, to improve his breath stream). So now that he's putting more words together, it shows he's progressing...and he said it without prompting! (speech, memory)

Btw, his "sentence" was referring to walks at the neighbourhood park where we often see milipedes, either walking or curled up dead. I had also showed him that if I poked the milipede, it'd curl up & explained that it does that when it's scared. When he saw another picture card of a straightened out milipede, he repeatedly poked at it! I guess he was reflecting what we did at the park!

Car seat
I carried him out of the car when we arrived home from Tesco. He didn't like that. He wanted to do it himself. Great! So, I put him back in his car seat & he worked his way out of the car. (gross motor, independence)

Cranial sacral therapy
Therapist said both his knees are ok. Last week, she noted that one of it was a bit rotated out. In the past 2 weeks or so, I noticed he reverted to sitting leaning back a bit. But the therapist & I both noted that after the sessions, he tends to sit nicely, at a 90 degree angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment