Friday, July 17, 2009

Broadband & montessori reading

Thanks to my hubby, I'm now on mobile broadband! Would you believe I was using dial up Jaring, at max speeds of 37kb all this while? I'm now zooming at 10-20x that speed with broadband! Welcome to the 21st century!

I've been making the most of this great speed by downloading stuff for making my own material to teach my son to read based on the montessori reading method. I've been very keen on moving him up to the next level in the path to reading ever since he learnt the basic phonic sounds of the alphabets & could match pictures or spoken words to their beginning sounds. But I didnt know how to do move forward...until I went for a sneak peak class teaching Montessori's reading method (that session was on the Green series) at SEGi recently. That method agrees with my way of thinking & made sense.

It will require lots of work in preparing the materials. It's achieveable for the pink series stage...but will require lots of time. Beyond that level, at the blue & green series, I think I need the "Morris book of words" to help me as digraphs, dipthongs & phonograms are way above my head! Will ask around...or if you, the reader, has that book (or montessori pink series materials), please do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment