Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dream a little dream

Yesterday's gorgeous weather made me wish for little dreams to come true. Just little dreams, not the big ticket ones like my son graduating from uni (those would be on my prayer list).

It'll be nice if one day...
- If we could go on holiday as a family, just the 3 of us, to places I dreamed of before my son came along. It'd be great to share the beauty of those places with my son, for him to experience them first hand.

In the years before my son came along, we had done a lot of planning for a holiday to New Zealand. We did our research on the internet & drew up a detailed itinerary for a 2 week self-drive holiday on the North & South Islands of New Zealand. Somehow we never got round to going - my husband's work schedule clashed with the best time to visit NZ.
Santorini from the photos is simply beautiful. Love the blue skies, blue sea, blue roof tops contrasting against the whitewashed walls. This dream remains a dream since our uni days. A few weeks ago, my husband showed me photos of his friend's trip to Santorini. One day, we will go as a family to Santorini. But he doesnt think we ever will as my son falls sick easily. Well, I want to be positive. It may be a 10 years from now, when my son's more independent & stronger, but we will, my dear husband, we will.


Japan is another vacation we had researched & planned in detail. Never quite made it there either. Love the food, love the scenery, love the unique culture.

- If we could enjoy diving as a family whether to local dive spots (e.g. Perhentian) or overseas ones (e.g. Great Barrier Reef). We both love diving. He's recently completed his Padi certification (previously it was with SSI). I got my Padi cert about 10 yrs ago & never got to dive since. Diving as a family would pose a bigger challenge. Anything requiring muscle co-ordination is a big challenge for my son due to his CP. I think he doesn't breathe properly now let alone requiring him to breathe with a regulator. But I shall still hope and dream...

- If we could have couple time, just my husband & myself. To enjoy good food, good surroundings, good company, or a good movie, or a short getaway. To "date" each other again.

- If I could have some alone time. To quiten my mind. To let down my guard. To not feel like I should be using the time to develop my son instead. To pick up my brush & paint again. To take a walk by myself. Am I selfish? Others watch their favourite TV shows, their chinese serials and what have you. I havent watched TV for a long time (excluding that one TV dinner I had last week).

My alone time now...an occasional facial/massage, which I truly appreciate (tq 4 d gift my dear husband)....and blogging at midnight when everyone else is asleep! Hmm, the former isn't on a regular basis (and I'm not wishing it is) while the latter is still (mostly) related to my son.

Well, that's my top 4 little dreams. Sounds like escapism? Yes, perhaps. Everyone benefits from getting away from it all once a while... even if it's through dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment