Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hyperbaric Oxygen - resumption of sessions

We resumed his Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy sessions about a week and a half ago. He still has quite a few sessions to go and it's likely to run into the first few weeks of Jan.

I had originally intended to complete it by early Dec, but was delayed because of his on and off cold. Then I had planned for him to have two sessions in a day, in order to complete it before school reopens. However, I decided to make it just once a day because it was tiring for both of us. That allowed him time for other morning activities like playdates, Gymboree sessions or just messing about at home.

One thing I learnt which I wish to share is that if the latex neck seal is slightly big for your child, place a handkerchief between the seal and the child's neck. That will prevent too much oxygen from leaking out. Thanks for the tip Fe! It saved my arms from being sore as I used to fold and hold the excess latex to make a tighter seal, for an entire hour.

I pray that the remaining sessions bring about further positive changes, especially in clarity of speech, quickening of his reflexes, reduction in spasticity, and improvements in maturity.

No comments:

Post a Comment