Sunday, October 10, 2010

My insurance policy made me sick

I've not been able to sleep well for the past 12 consecutive days. That was very likely the reason why I've been having bad headaches and am now mildy sick.

There have been several things on my mind but the main worry that has gotten me so upset is my life insurance. I feel so cheated by my agent and the insurer.

I was told I need only pay premiums for an estimated 16 yrs at the point of signing and nothing more thereafter. Now I find out that it's not 16 years, but 33 years. Fair enough that estimates are just that, estimates. But doubling 16 years to 33 years is outrageous!

There's not much I can do about it since I've paid 11years worth of premiums, and will lose RM17,000 if I decide to cancel it now.

I dont need to emphasise that that is a lot of money. That would have covered 120 hours of hyperbaric oxygen treatment, or 210 hours of Neurosuit therapy. I'm so mad.

The agent has been extremely slow in providing the numbers and information to enable me to make a decision whether to cancel the riders or to cancel the policy in its entirety.

At the moment I do not know what I should do. And that is driving me nuts. I'm still so mad.

My son is also mildly sick. I hope it wasn't me who passed the germs to him. There are 2 kids in his class who had flu symptoms and another 2 who were absent last Friday. I pray he be well soon as his concert full dress rehearsal is on this Wednesday. That's when the professional photographer will be snapping the photos and recording it on video.

2 comments:

  1. Hi -- I'm sorry you're faced with this misleading insurance policy. Is there any appeal process there or advocacy group you could go to for recourse?

    How are you and your son feeling now? Are you getting better? Is your son's dress rehearsal tomorrow? Are they singing or putting on a play? I'd love to hear about it.

    I hope you are able to find someone who can give you good advice about the insurance fiasco.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Consumer rights are no where near what they should be like in Malaysia compared to where you are.

    We're both feeling much better thanks! Both of us slept lots over the weekend and had medication.

    Yes, rehersal tomorrow! I'm probably more anxious about it than my son. LOL. The theme is dances from around the world. His class doing Indian dances. He plays a drum, which is excellent as he doesnt need to remember many steps, or get the right timing cos he has proprioception and co-ordination issues.

    You have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete