Monday, October 25, 2010

Concert Performance - 1st day

Woo hoo! He did great on his first day! Teacher was so very happy with the performance of his class, that she gave them a gigantic star on the whiteboard. The executive director told my husband and myself on separate occasions that my son did well.

He remembered to keep looking ahead and not be distracted by the other kids. He remembered to keep playing his drum. He even remembered teacher's advice to move forward if another kid was blocking him from being seen by the audience.

Blogger has fixed the image uploading problem but I didn't get the chance to take photos! 

I chose to be with my son and his friends up until the time they walked onto the stage. I then quickly rushed to get into the hall but I couldn't even put a foot in as parents were blocking the way!

So I only managed to see his Indian dance performance on the LCD screens set up outside the hall to cater for the spillover. But for the grand finale, I managed to get in and watched from the back of the hall, together with my husband.

I was so nervous and excited that I was up just before 6am. I have to tell you that I stuffed my face... 2 hard boiled eggs at home for breakfast, then a big curry puff (bought from the food stalls set up in school) at 9.30am, a big packet of nasi lemak at 10am and another big curry puff at 11! I blame it on the nervous energy... and hey, it's hard work getting kids changed while maintaining your cool, and being grounded while there's a hive of activity around you. LOL

His first day of concert performance turned out well even though the night before he had said that he was "a bit scared". When we got home, and I asked him whether he was very scared (cos of the crowd and excitement in the air), he said he was "a bit brave"! Bravo my little boy! May he do well again on his second day!

Btw, his concert is held over 2 days because there isn't enough space to accomodate the parents of the entire school population. Hmm, more yummy breakfast again for me! LOL

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news!!! -- And I love that he said he was "a bit brave!"

    Good for him.

    I haven't been able to see your photos. For some reason I have 2 facebook accounts and you are friended to me in the one I don't use, but I don't know how to shut it down. My hubby said he'd show me.

    I will then try to friend you from the other one.

    Congratulations to your boy and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo Hoooo !! Way to go CS... glad he is getting brave.

    ReplyDelete