Sunday, July 24, 2011

His paintings today

He doesnt get to paint much at home cos there's always other "more important" things to be done. I know that shouldn't be the case but that's the truth because there simply isnt enough time in a day to do everything (& it takes time to set up & clean up!).

Today I bought some roller sponges (it's been a few years that I've searched for them!) because they were on offer and he wanted to use them immediately! So that's why he got to do some painting today.

Actually, my intention in buying those rollers was for him to learn to control his wrist and his strength (fine motor) & not so much as for sheer enjoyment.

But he got to enjoy painting (without one of mama's hidden therapy objective) later on. See pics at the end of this post.

Bought at "Think Toys" shop at The Curve

He used the dotted roller, the lined roller, the scrapper and blade sponge. I helped show him how to make a blue border with the lined roller
"What is it?" I asked after he had pulled me away from cooking tonight's dinner.

Can you guess what he painted?

"Rocks" he said, "...in space".

Asteroids! I reckon he's been learning about space in kindergarten. Some words in his spelling test for the past 2 weeks were of the space theme (words like "planets", "Jupiter").

He filled up 3 pieces of paper with asteroids...and would have continued if it wasnt time for his shower

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Louise! I've put them up for display in his room & in the dining room. A friend said it looked like an Andy Warhol! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I know where is this shop located at the curve, am looking for roller painter for my daughter too. Haha I just found your blog and this post was 2 year ago hopefully the shop still sells it. Do let me know the shop location thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mlisan
    The shop's on the 1st floor of The Curve. If I remember correctly, orientating yourself such that Metro is on your left, head on straight until you see the escalators on the left. Take them to go up & the shop should be right in front of you. I hope it's still there cos I just checked the directory of shops & couldn't find the name of the shop that looked familiar.

    ReplyDelete