Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chilli padi, monkeys, moth & blasting water

He slept relatively well last night. Didn't vomit. Hooray! He's getting better faster than when he was sick in July. Such a big relief.
Put him into the Neurosuit, but not for long cos he's still recovering. He hadn't worn it for 3 days in a row. Today, he initially couldn't stand up in it. His legs were like jelly. Helper took him out to walk in front of the house while I rushed through breakfast.
Chilli Padi

Helper showed him the little edible garden in front of the neighbour's house. He was tickled by the different coloured chilli padi. You've got the green & reds & the shades in between. But he laughed at the black chilli padi. Currently, anything in black is burnt! For e.g. a black car is burnt. So, the black chilli padi is...burnt.
Ah, but I explained a few days ago that if it's a fruit, which has turned black, then it's rotten, not burnt. I illustrated by showing him the blackened banana we had. So, when he came back into the house & my helper related the chilli padi story, I asked him whether the chilli padi was black because it was burnt by being out in the sun, or whether it was rotten. He replied "rotten".

Moth

I went to turn off the main stop-cock in front of the house & he followed me. Then a brown
moth flew past & settled on the grass. I didnt notice as my back was turned. He pointed & said "moth". Ah, so he knows the difference between butterfly & moth. Good boy. Looks like the stuff I'm teaching him is being remembered. I had some months back explained the difference between a moth & butterfly when we were reading the Pooh bear encyclopedia.


Monkey

As we were about to go in, 3 monkeys jumped from the trees fronting our house, unto the electric cables. He observed them & said "be careful monekys!". We continued observing while I gave some commentary about monkeys. Asked him if he thought the monkeys were out in search for food or if they were out for their morning exercise. He said "morning exercise". So, that was his bit of lesson on nature for today.

He seemed tired this morning, so didnt want to exert him further. Got the suit off, gave water & into the car for some errands. H1N1 raging now & I didnt want to expose him unnecessarily so we sat in the car while my helper went into the shops.

Water blasting from fire hydrant

Came home & saw a powerful gush of water from the fire hydrant. He knows what a fire hydrant is/looks like but probably doesnt know of its use. So walked with him to take a closer look. He was scared - held my hand very tightly. Syabas was cleaning the pipes by forcing powerful jets of water down the pipes & the fire hydrant was opened as an outlet for the water & dirt. It was so powerful that it probably blasted paint off my neighbour's wall!
By coincidence, when I walked in to the house, I saw the front page of today's Star which showed a rescue boat blasting a jet of water towards the burning tanker off the Straits. So, took the opportunity to relate what we just saw to the photo.

This post is a lot more detailed for the benefit of my husband who's away on a diving trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment