Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day trip to Genting

My helper had been stressing up everyone at home. On Monday, I ended up having to send her to the agency for counselling yet again. This time I left her there for 2 nights.

Since it was a public holiday yesterday and we needed to destress, we decided to take a day trip to Genting, the theme park in the highlands. After all, my son had been hankering to "go somewhere" for some weeks now. I guess he too needed a break from school, homework, maths class, mummy's maths coaching, therapy sessions.


On the drive there, I began to breathe easy. The sight of the lush forests, beautiful green mountains, and clear blue skies, helped me to momentarily forget all the stressors of life - my helper, his entrance assessment, my abdominal pain, his delays...

My son thoroughly enjoyed himself. He went on a total of 10 outdoor rides and an indoor ride, out of which, he went on three all by himself. He is growing up, slowly becoming more confident of himself, slowly becoming more like a "normal" kid.

The staff manning the rides which he took by himself were kind enough to assist him when I asked for help, explaining that he is slightly OKU. It was simple things like assisting him to buckle the seat belt, get in and out, get unstuck after a bumper car after collision, but was much appreciated especially when we know how bad customer service is in our country.

It was by far, the most relaxing day trip to Genting for me. It's relatively easier to care for him. No need to bring bottles, cups, spoon, milk powder to feed him; no worry of vomitting; no need to carry him.

It's been ages since our last holiday (myself & my son), and even though it was only a day trip, it was still a very good break indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment