Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rested

Both of us rested most of last week and were much better by Sunday night. Thank you for your prayers.

Since we didn’t do much, I had a lot of time to simply sit back and enjoy being with my son. He’s so adorable even though he’s almost 5. He’s obviously grown so much from the time he was a baby but to me, he’s still so cute in looks and in mannerism. So ‘geram’ at times! I hugged him lots. I kissed him lots. I smelled him lots too! LOL.

The week long school holidays have started so we’ve had a few late nights recently. On Sunday night, we went on a very brief family shopping trip to buy mooncake. I was happy cos it’s extremely rare that we shop as a family (it wasn’t not too crowded as it was late).

We resumed activities on Monday, with my monthly grocery shopping. He was happily pushing the shopping cart. As the cart got heavier, he decided to be my little helper instead, pretending to help me select items, carry them and place them in the cart.

At the frozen section, he kept on huffing and puffing whenever I opened the compartment door. It puzzled me, but after a while (I stocked up on a lot of frozen stuff) I figured it out. He had watched a show on TV where steam came out of the mouths of people when they talked cos it was very cold. So, he might have been testing to see if it was cold enough, or testing to see if it was true. Funny boy.

He started his Neurosuit therapy on Monday afternoon but was so tired that he fell asleep in the car ride home (10 min ride) and napped for 2.5 hours still in his Neurosuit.

So today, he had physiotherapy without the suit on (decided to start slow instead). By the way, he’s progressing well in his physiotherapy.

I’ve decided not to do the other errands I had planned for the week cos my throat’s sore again. I also suspect that my son’s sore throat has returned as his drool has increased a lot more (again). So it’ll be a stay-at-home holiday for us.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and had a chance to be "less busy!" The huffing and puffing in the freezer section is very sweet!

    Are you on a different school schedule from us? Our kids just went back today. You mentioned you your son was on holiday.

    Did you figure out what it was that made your son ill when you posted a while back -- you were carrying him and thought he might be having a seizure?

    I'm glad you're both better . Hope you have some good stay at home days together. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise.

    Yes, for kindergartens and schools on the local syllabus, the academic year starts in Jan and ends in Nov. The governement made this week a school holiday (but not a public holiday) because of the Hari Raya celebration (the Muslim New Year).

    I didnt realise he was having a seizure! You're the 2nd person who knows about it and said it was a seizure (the other being his therapist). No, I don't know what caused it and that's rather scary. If it was that, which it most likely was, then it'd be his 2nd ever seizure. His 1st was during the time he was seriously ill and probably when he acquired his CP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -- That's so interesting about the school year! How long have you lived in Malaysia for?

    I didn't mean to imply that your son was having a seizure. Because I'm not a medical professional -- just a parent! :)

    Do you have a good pediatrician or developmental pediatrician there? They should be able to advise.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise

    No worries about the seizure comment : )
    Will email you instead of continuing our communication through the comment box, ok?

    ReplyDelete