Sunday, February 7, 2010

Been busy

I've not updated my blog over the last week.

No worries, no one is sick, thankfully. We've been attending kindergarten each day and there is much I want to write about on that topic, but that's for another post.

It's just that I've been busy running errands and organising stuff at home. I've not fallen ill nor got too stressed despite all the running around. I think that's mainly because I made sure I got to rest when I needed to. I've to make sure I do not fall ill these few months as there is more I've to see to before my helper leaves.

That meant that I did very very little with my son outside school hours. No gross motor activities. No trips to the park or KizSports. No cycling. At best, it was 5mins a day either on a fine motor activity or to read him a book.

My list of errands included driving to TNB Jinjang office, DBKL HQ, Ikea, Daiso, insurance co, Putrajaya Imigration Dept, on top of the more usual errands. The traffic...the lack of parking... the heat! I think it's the heat that tires me out the most.

I wish government offices were more efficient. I wish I had a personal assistant! I wish I didnt have to choose between my son and running errands but I do cos, I only have afternoons to do it now that I'm his shadow aide.

I'm thankful that my aunt has been around most of last week to keep an eye on my helper and son while I was doing all that. I'm also thankful to my aunt for treating me to a delicious 3 hour Japanese lunch! It's my once a year treat from her! : )

Well, the good news is that this coming week should be easier as most (but not all) errands have been done. Also, I've got lots of new fine motor activities lined up for my son. I've not got the time though to snap photos of them for my blog. I'll try to do so, so that I can then write about it over the chinese new year break. One day maybe, they'll invent a machine that can effortlessly capture thoughts and images, for sharing with others! : )

I look forward to bringing my son to KizSports tomorrow. He's been hankering for it, poor thing. It's probably the only time I have to do so before the CNY break.

No comments:

Post a Comment