Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to routines

We're back from our CNY break.

It was a good break but in a strange way, I look forward to resuming my/his routine. It was too long a break from our routine due to running errands, taking things a bit slower (due to feedback that I'm too focused on my son), reorganising things at home prior to my helper's departure, and of course the week long CNY break.

It's been several months (I think 2 mths) since we did NeuroSuit therapy regularly. He started kindergarten in Jan (and not forgetting the Dec holiday prog too), so there was much less time to do it (now restricted to evenings which are then subject to the weather). He also fell sick a few times since starting kindergarten, each time needing about 2 weeks to fully recover and therefore off from Neurosuit. 

As a result, his walking and running gait have worsened. I'm sad about it. I know he can improve again but it'll take a lot more effort on our parts now (due to time constrains and losing my helper). For one thing, it proves a point - I cannot and should not let up on my efforts in helping my son. It's a slippery slope.

I have things cut out for me the next 6 months. I need him to sleep well at night so that I get my rest and would then be able to function much better during the day - at kindergarten, helping him be independent, doing therapy-like activities with him, possibly doing hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), and possibly Lokomat physiotherapy. All things are possible with God's help. I sure will need a huge dose of His help! But I also know that it'll be based on His timing, not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment