Friday, September 24, 2010

Playcentre Library

Thanks to my friend who was so patient in giving me directions, I recently joined the Playcentre Library in PJ. I had actually followed her there before, but that was more than 5 years ago, and I’m bad with remembering directions.

Glad that she brought me there again as I’ll be able to cut down on buying books and channel the money saved towards the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy I plan for my son later this year.

I highly recommend the place as it has a huge collection of books for kids from about preschooler age. It has picture books, rhyming books, several reader series, factual books, Dr Seuss books, Ladybird books, books in Bahasa Malaysia, etc. Some books are really old (I recognised some Ladybird books from the time I was a kid) but still in readable condition. They do of course have new books but are likely to be more popular.

The library is run entirely by volunteers, which perhaps is why the fees are very reasonable. Membership is RM15 per year with a RM1 registration fee. You may purchase multiple memberships under the same name, and each membership allows you to borrow 2 books each time. I signed up for 3 memberships to start off with.

They are rather strict, so please do adhere to the rules or you’ll be fined or blacklisted. I think that’s just being fair to others.

Details on the library are as follows (and are correct as of the time of typing this post):

Playcentre Library Association
18 Jalan 6/6
46000 Petaling Jaya

Tel: 03-77817813

Hours: Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Thurs: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Sat: 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Closed on public holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment