Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mildly sick

We’re both mildly sick! We didnt do much yesterday despite it being a public holiday (Merdeka Day). We didn’t attend school today, and probably won’t tomorrow too.

I suspected that he started having a sore throat about a week ago as he was drooling. A few days ago, he started coughing just a little bit. Yesterday he had slightly loose stools, a teensy bit of runny nose, his voice changed slightly and he was coughing more.

Out came the Promethazine and I gave him his first dose yesterday. I’ve learnt I must catch it early on or else we risk having it escalate to a lung infection, nebuliser runs to the hospital etc. So today, I started him on Afrin, a nasal spray to dry up his runny nose.

He took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, of which I napped with him for an hour (bliss!), and the rest I spent on household administrative matters and reading further about teaching him Montessori maths.

His tummy is getting better (gave him on probiotics) but is not fully recovered as evidenced when he passed wind that was extra smelly tonight. LOL.

His appetite is down and he still on soya milk today. That means he might lose a bit of weight again. We’re trying to help him catch up on his growth cos the facilities (table & chairs, toilet bowls, sinks) in the private Primary school we’re eyeing, are more suited to older (and thus bigger) kids.

As for me, well, I’ve probably caught a cold – slight aches, tiredness, sore throat. I just need panadol, Vit C, lots of water and plenty of rest.

We’ve both not been sleeping well the past few nights. Hope we both get the rest we need tonight. Pls pray for speedy recovery for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment