Thursday, June 9, 2011

He can bake muffins...with my help

I read a long time ago that baking is a good activity for young kids. I never got round to baking with him, because he was not so capable when he was younger, and then I just forgot about it, amongst the many other things I want him to do.

So when his therapist suggested it about two or three months ago, I took it on. It was sometime near Teachers' Day so I suggested to my son that he bake muffins for his teacher. His first attempt at baking was to make Orange Poppy Seed Muffins and it was successful! We were so pleased that I forgot to take photos and gobbled up the remainder.

We used the instant mix muffins under the local brand, Nona. It just needs water, oil and eggs. Easy. Tasty! The manufacturer's website is http://www.tortofood.com/

The second attempt was blueberry muffins which didnt taste as good (different recipe - Betty Crocker label, I think). It required water only, and not oil or eggs.



Today, we baked chocolate muffins. It was also using the pre-mixed Nona recipe. Tasty too.


He enjoys baking and was very pleased to give some of them to his therapist.

I love that he's enjoying more and more activities that normal kids do.

No comments:

Post a Comment