Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mama, I love you

My son was in an incredibly excellent mood today. Perhaps he had a good rest last night.

Perhaps it's also because he has now fully recovered from his cold. I totally stopped his Promethazine and Clarinase today. There wasn't any sign of a runny nose, and but he did have a slightly phelgmy voice.

It's definitely a long while since he was this cheerful for an entire day. It was a welcomed change to the past week and a half, or two, of crankiness...and weeks and weeks of tiredness!


He was happily running as fast as he could along the pedestrian path between the wet market and the parked car.

He happily accepted a lollipop from the optician, even though we were there merely to accompany my aunt.

He was laughing lots at home - pushing the large button to make the toy train spin round; kicking a ball all over the place; banging large empty biscuit tins...

He didn't protest when it was time to brush his teeth, to shower, to eat, to change into his pyjamas.

He was very focused on what I attempted to teach him today. He still requires some reinforcement on the concept of a number being smaller than another number (he understands bigger, not smaller). At the moment, at the beginnng of each session, I still need to do a few examples of "smaller" before he is able to get it right consistently.

However I was extremely pleased that he achieved the other learning objective I set out to do with him today - to identify even numbers beyond 10. I had attempted to teach him this many many months ago after he knew that even numbers are quantities that could be paired up (montessori way of teaching) and after 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 became "Key Instant Recall Facts" for him, but I just couldn't make any headway even after trying many ways of presenting the lesson. So, I left it for many months and decided to try it today....and he got it! (I'll have to write a separate post about that lesson)

Best of all, he has swapped his frequent "I'm so tired" of the past weeks to "I love you"! He must have said it close to 50 times today!

If I could bottle up whatever that made him this happy today, I would ...and have him take it everyday! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment