Thursday, May 27, 2010

Down with a cold

He's sick again! I'm getting frustrated with all these viruses. I don't understand why he's getting sick so often recently.

The last two mornings, he had woken up with a slight amount of phlegm in his throat/nose. That cleared up easily with a strong cough and some warm water. No other symptoms after 15mins of waking up.

Last night, he had a stuffy nose which made him wake up numerous times in the night. So we didn't go to school today. Just as well cos this morning, he started sneezing quite a bit and his nose started running.

This morning I gave him some Promethazine for his runny nose and Afrin decongestion drops followed by Iladin nose drops this afternoon. His appetite is down and it takes a lot longer to feed him the same amount of milk.

The Promethazine must have taken effect cos he's now sleeping and it's only 2pm. He didn't do much today - some TV, picture books, drawing (with my assistance). If he does nap on a normal day, it's usually at 5pm after running around and doing stuff.

I'm going to nap with him cos I didnt get much sleep either. I too am showing some similar symptoms today - sneezing and a slight congestion. Perhaps I passed it to him. I was very tired on Sunday after doing groceries and some running around.

Yesterday in class, I noted that at least 2 kids were still having flu symptoms - green mucus in their noses and cough. One other kid was absent. Guess the flu season is still on.

It's the long weekend coming up so we'll try to rest more. Pls pray for a speedy complete recovery (and against needing the nebuliser).

No comments:

Post a Comment