Friday, April 9, 2010

Where have I been?

Sorry I've not posted anything for two weeks. It's been busy, but sadly, not on activities with my son.

Training and supervising my new helper is taking so much of my time and energy that I’ve spent very little time with my son to develop his skills.


Our new helper has been with us for under a month and so far, she gives me a “surprise” almost daily. Some of the highlights: sausages burnt while boiling them (not frying, but boiling!), flooded the washing machine area; took 8 hours to clean 4 sets of windows, grilles and mosquito nets; 2 hours to clean her room windows; required a tooth extraction (plenty more teeth decayed); stole something of minimal value; lied; and caused a small electrical fire because she decided to repair the electric plug herself.

So from that track record, I’m not comfortable in allowing her to care for my son. I think half my time is spent on managing the helper, cooking and managing the household, and the other half seeing to my son’s basic needs (feeding, brushing teeth, going to toilet, doing his homework, etc).

I’m trying to find suitable schools for my son too. It’s a slow process cos I don’t have much time to spend on it. I’ve done the research over the internet, but I now need to talk to parents, to make appointments with the schools, to visit the schools etc.

On a positive note, there have been bits of progress with my son, in various areas like self care, gross motor, learning BM. I still do wish I have as much time as I did, with my son, when my old helper was around.

No comments:

Post a Comment