Sunday, March 7, 2010

Been busy lately

Sorry for not being able to update my blog on a daily basis like before. I've been very busy lately.

On the homefront, I've been re-organising stuff, cleaning, labelling, decluttering and fixing things. I've not had such a major 'spring cleaning' exercise...ever. It's spanned several months but the intensity picked up lately. He slept well most nights so that gave me the clarity and energy to get things done fast. I had only a few errands to run last week, so I was able to spend more time with my son too.

My new helper arrives later this week but will spend a few days at the agency. I've been very nervous about the changeover and try to redirect that nervous energy into cleaning, tidying etc. With the impending changeover, I also had to sort out related administrative matters.

On the therapy front, he has resumed his routine of CST therapy, and NeuroSuit therapy. I try to squeeze in one OT activity in a day.  It's usually a transferring activity - eg. use spoon to transfer rubber tree seeds from one container to another. At school, he gets his writing practice so I dont do it at home.

I've started to take him to the park in the evenings, weather permitting. If I've to run errands, I try to choose to go to the mall where there's air conditioning. I kill two birds with one stone - he runs or pushes the trolley, in the mall with his Neurosuit on.

We go to KizSports once or twice a week, also with his NeuroSuit on. I'm trying to increase it to twice a week cos it's just too hot nowadays. This is when I get to fully utilise my membership benefits!

Now that I'm spending more time with him again, and I'm less stressed and he gets back into his old routine (he loves parks and KizSports), he screams and whines less at home. He's generally more "agreeable" at home. I think that's also translated to less disruptive behaviour in school.

I'm praying that he copes well with the change in helper. My current helper has been his secondary carer since he was 4mths old. So, it'll be a big change for him (and us). He has already said that he'll miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment