Sunday, June 5, 2011

A swimmingly fun Sunday

A friend invited us to swim with her girls at the club this morning. The weather was dreary when we woke up and started to drizzle when we left the house. By the time I found my way around the club's complex, it was much heavier. My son looked disappointed when I told him we can't swim and were to go home. So, luckily we stayed on to play with the girls because the rain soon stopped and everyone had a great time!

He was initially scared to enter the baby pool but was willing to when I said that I'd accompany him.  Thankfully, he likes playing with the girls, and followed the older girl who was very quick and eager to get into the pool.

Surprisingly, he managed quite well with the ring shaped float (thanks Elly!) in the big pool. I did of course have my hands right by his side because he's not yet water safe. He enjoyed kicking and splashing and using the water shooter.

At some points, I had to help him bring his lower body horizontally behind him, because he tends to move into a curved C position with his legs in front of him. This was his first time with a float and with friends, so I didnt want to correct him too often (no fun if it's turned it into a therapy session). But it was definitely a really good work out for him because he was very hungry at lunch time!

Thanks for a great time Elly!

No comments:

Post a Comment