Sunday, September 13, 2009

Photos of his writing & drawing

This past week I've been pleasantly surprised with his writing. I've not been actively getting him to practice writing. My focus recently has been on building the foundations for reading. Also, I've been busy this week attending to other matters, so had very little time to spend with him.

These are the photos of his writing & drawing taken this week (aged 3yrs 9mths):

Look at his writing of number 2, bottom left of photo

I was really surprised with his writing of number 2. Of course, it's not perfect. I dont expect it to be given his disability. I'm just very glad that he's progressed, without me forcing him to do pages of writing.

He wrote it using the chunky Tesco marker pens. The sheet was laid on a hard surface, over a small plastic container about 20cm in height. He was seated on the floor.

This worksheet is available for free from www.learningpages.com. The sheets are graded by skills & are grouped by themes. The sheet in the photo has the aim of teaching to count & to write numbers 1 & 2.


I like his letter "S" on the right The photo above is of his writing on a big whiteboard, which was placed on the floor, leaning against a wall. He used whiteboard marker.

He wrote "W H H", then "OSO" and repeated "OSO" below it. OSO is the name of the cartoon character, Special Agent Oso, shown on Playhouse Disney. I was pleased that he could write "S". I read that curved letters are harder compared to straight letters like "E", "F"



Depiction of a face

His drawing seems to have evolved. The eyes are now circles instead of dots. The nose is a "V" instead of a dot. I think the ">" on the left of the face is either an arm/hands or an ear. He drew this today while I was out. I just noticed it & he's asleep now so I didnt have the chance to ask him what the ">" symbolised.

No comments:

Post a Comment